Job Title: Educational Assistant
Position: present to June 30, 2024
Location: Fishing Lake First Nation
Term: Full Time
Compensation: Will vary based on Education and Experience
OVERVIEW: The Fishing Lake First Nation is seeking an enthusiastic Educational Assistantstarting present to June 30, 2024. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the new Chief Sabitawasis School.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively and collaboratively work as part of a team and engage with a wide range of children with behavioural, cognitive and physical challenges
• Ability to interact positively with students, staff and parents and work collaboratively in a team environment
• Excellent problem-solving skills and solution focused interaction in order to be responsive to students needs
• Written communication skills through documentation and record keeping, as well as clear and professional verbal interactions
• Participate in team meetings with classroom teacher, LRT, Service Providers, principal
• Ability to be flexible with assignment duties based on student and school needs
• Demonstrated willingness to be part of a collaborative educational team.
• Ability to work effectively within an environment which includes developing meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, professionals and community service agencies.
• Maintaining the confidentiality of families (student information)
• Other duties as assigned by the Principal as required
• An understanding of the Nakawê Language, culture and protocols of the Fishing Lake First Nation, is an asset.
• Education Assistant Certificate or ECE Credential Level 1
• Education: a minimum Grade 12 Graduate Diploma.
The candidate must be punctual, well spoken, efficient, discreet and pleasant on the telephone and in person. Must be computer literate and must be a problem-solver, ready to find effective solutions. To be able to “go with the flow” on some days is a must! Must have the ability to understand respect and want to learn the beliefs, culture and traditions of the Nakawe Nation.
Provide a valid Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
The Fishing Lake First Nation invites all interested and qualified Applicants to submit a cover letter and resume identifying qualifications/requirements.
Attention: Rhonda Kayseas
Fax to (306) 338-2403 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: August 4, 2023.