Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Position: August 28, 2023, to June 30, 2024
Location: Fishing Lake First Nation
Term: Full Time
Compensation: Will vary based on Education and Experience
OVERVIEW: The Fishing Lake First Nation is seeking an enthusiastic Administrative Assistantstarting August 28, 2023, to June 30, 2024. This position requires the full understanding and active participation in fulfilling the mission of the new Chief Sabitawasis School.
DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
• Maintain documentation to support school accreditation and quality assurance
• Assist with the comprehensive outcomes management system procedure and reports by entering, organizing and maintaining data
• Provide direct support to the Education Director such as correspondence, scheduling, ordering and clerical duties
• Establish, organize, and maintain files, records and reports
• Create memos, reports, spreadsheets, exhibits for presentations and apply basic administrative skills to perform standardized duties
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
• Effective organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills required to help resolve routine problems, answer general questions, and know when to refer more complex issues to the Director/Principal
• Resolve routine and non-routine administrative problems
• Provide secretarial support to the Director/Principal
• Demonstrated willingness to be part of a collaborative educational team.
• Ability to work effectively within an environment which includes developing meaningful and productive relationships with students, parents, professionals and community service agencies.
• Maintaining the confidentiality of families (student information)
• Other duties as assigned by the Education Director/Principal as required
• An understanding of the Nakawê Language, culture and protocols of the Fishing Lake First Nation, is an asset.
• A minimum of 1-year office or administrative assistant experience
• A minimum of 1-year of business and/or clerical training at a recognized institution
• Advanced knowledge of business English, spelling and punctuation
• Demonstrated knowledge in the operation of office equipment, such as the following, multi-line telephone, photocopier, fax, computer, printer, laminator
• Education: a minimum Grade 12 Graduate Diploma.
The candidate must be punctual, well spoken, efficient, discreet and pleasant on the telephone and in person. Must be computer literate and must be a problem-solver, ready to find effective solutions. To be able to “go with the flow” on some days is a must! Must have the ability to understand respect and want to learn the beliefs, culture and traditions of the Nakawe Nation.
Provide a valid Criminal Record Check, Vulnerable Sector Check and a Drug and Alcohol Test.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
Competitive and commensurate with education and experience
Fishing Lake First Nation invites all interested and qualified Applicants to submit a cover letter and resume identifying qualifications/requirements.
Attention: Rhonda Kayseas, Education Director/Principal
Fax to (306) 338-2403 or email to email@example.com
We thank all those who apply, however, only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. Closing date: August 4, 2023.